Sunday, August 9, 2015

August 3, 2015 Rain, Rain, Rain and finding treasures in Ether 12:27 and D&C 1:23-24

  Hey!! Happy august to you all!! So the month of august here in the south of Chile is the worst month with the weather.. but and after that it starts to clear up and it doesn't rain as much. This week it has been raining a lot. So we have been able to find three new families to teach. We were able to find Juan and Joselyn again and we had a great lesson about the plan of salvacion. Juan remembered a lot and Joselyn really liked it. Towards the end of the lesson, the family of Joselin came in and it turns out that the mom of Joselin has talked to the missionaries before! e couldnt set an appointment to visit her, but it was cool to find her. We are going to visit Juan y Joselyn again this week on wednesday. We are also teaching the boyfriend of a daughter of a member (if that makes sense) and he is really receptive as well.We shared with him about the restoration and as we were talking about Joseph Smith the Spirit was there to testify and it was such an amazing experience. Then all of the sudden a bunch of their family barged in. It always happens like that. the Spirit is super strong, then satan sends a bunch of people to interrupt... but we were abler to finish it up.. 
    Friday night a member had a Birthday party (he turned 18)and he is preparing to go on the mission. his family threw a huge barbecue (here they are called asados) and we stopped by to congratulate him... but all throughout the day it had been raining and we were soaking wet by the time we arrived there.  Sunday I played the piano and taught the sunday school class. Today for Pday all the missionaries in Puerto Montt got together and played ping pong and we had Dominos pizza (there is a dominos but really expensive. ) we didn't have nets for the ping pong table so we used toilet paper.. it worked!! 
   We also had our zone conference thursday (my second on e this cambio) and as President Obeso was reading a scripture i had an interesting experience.. the scriptures was Ether 12:27:
 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.... 
 
     Many times we focus on the last phrase, "I will make weak things become strong unto them".. but the first sentence caught my attention this time.. "if men come unto me, I will show unto them their weakness." ¿what will Christ show us if we come unto him? our weaknesses. ¿what happens if we come unto Christ? he will show us our weakness.. that is why it is hard to live the gospel. Because we see how weak we are and that we are not perfect. that is why so many people don't want to follow Christ. because he will show them their weaknesses.. It is natural to have weaknesses when we serve in callngs or to be a parent.. actually Christ says :

 23 That the fullness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.
 24 Behold, am God and have spoken it; these commandments are of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their languagethat they might come to understanding.  DyC 1:23-24

The fullness of the gospel will be proclaimed by the weak and the simple.... don't ever get down because of your weaknesses or failures, just keep moving forward with steadfastness in Christ. Love you guys so much and hope you have an awesome week!!

Love, Elder Hughes

*"Sorry no pictures this week, my computer isn't working with my camera. I promise some next week."~Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment