Thursday, August 27, 2015

August 24, 2015 "Playing the piano in sacrament meeting, giving a talk, teaching Sunday School, and teaching the priesthood lesson. Also, learning about the following the course the scriptures set for us."

 Well....sounds like the summer is gone up there in the US and that everyone is returning to school... here we are still in winter and hopefully summer comes quickly so that we don't die from so much rain and cold:) 
   This week we have had a lot of rain. (surprise surprise) truth is that I was a little stressed out this week, especially Sunday because I had to play the piano for sacrament meeting (and some were songs that I didn't know very well). I had to give a talk, teach the Sunday School class, and teach priesthood class. But as I entered the church (so that you know, we go early to turn on the gas heaters and prepare the sacrament) I felt a lot better and during the meetings I felt even more better. I love going to church and taking the sacrament and learning more about the gospel.  I love the gospel and all of the blessing that it offers us. 
    Something awesome that I learned this week.. as I was studying one morning in Alma 37:38-44. Alma explained to his son Helaman about the liahona and how it guided Lehi and Nephi and their family through the desert according ot their faith. But sadly, they didn't have sufficient faith and they murmured, so they wondered in the desert for 8 years without a direct course, if they had had the faith to follow the liahona, they would have gone straight to the ocean and not be in the desert for 8 years and suffer what they had to suffer.. as I read that I thought, how that applies to today, the liahona is like the scriptures and if we use faith and apply what they teach us, then we will be able to travel through the journey of life.. then I read the next verse and alms says the exact same thing.  



45 And now say, is there not type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, bfollowing its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into far better land of promise.

 (type means symbol... )  ii know that the scriptures help us and that if we follow their course, it will carry us beyond the valley of sorrow into a far better land of promise. I love you guys so much and wish you an awesome week.. 

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment