Thursday, August 27, 2015

August 10, 2015 "This week we have been trying to talk with everyone."

  The first part of this week was rainy, then it started to get cold. This week we have cambios. Elder Warner and I will stay here together. Elder Ackerman (our district leader became zone leader and is going to Valdivia). 
   This week we have been trying to talk with everyone. Yesterday we found a lady (Claudia is her name) and she was really receptive. But the problem is that she goes to Puerto Montt everyday to study and work.,.. so we wont be able to pass by a lot.. also we were able to teach Juan and Joselin the restoration. And as we committed them to read and pray, we started to run into complications. Juan said that he will read 3 Nephi 11, but he doesnt want to pray... we tried and tried to help him understand why.. but he still wouldn't promise to do it. Joselin said that she doesn't want to read... but even thought they dont want to do it, we will still try and do what we can to help them. Saturday night we visited alot of less active members and sang a hymn to them and invited them to church, one of them actually came!! We were a little disapointed that the others didn't come, but we did what we could.. Sunday I taught the Sunday school lesson and I loved it.  Really, I have come to love the scriptures and we are studying the New Testament now. I love reading about the life of Christ and the church and I have realized that back in those times it was the same as now.  We must continue to fight and continue forward with a steadfastness in Christ and continue doing what is right regardless of what the world does. Sunday night we were knocking on doors and we found the parents of Joselin. They have two other kids. One that has 12 years and the other that has 4 years. When I saw them, they reminded me of Brock and Matt and I thought how blessed we are to have the Gospel in our lives. They don have the gospel and to see them as my little brothers I had a strong desire to share with them the gospel and to help them so that they can enjoy the blessings that we enjoy. 
    I love you all and I thank my Lord for the blessings that he has given me and I thank Him for his love and His patience with me. Regardless of my weaknesses, he is always trying to help me so that I can feel his love and so that I am happy. I know that God has given us the gospel so that we can be happy and have peace in this life and joy in the eternal life. It depends on us to apply the gospel to our lives and to shared it with others.  Have a wonderful week

Love 
Elder Hughes



A Street in Los Muermos

"So we made pasta, but after making the pasta, I realized that we didn't have sauce.. so I made eggs."

"Playing ping pong, with our very effective toilet paper net,  and eating pizza as a district."

"A little friend we found after returning to our house."



"Making french toast."

"Our house."

No comments:

Post a Comment