Sunday, July 26, 2015

July 20, 2015 'Cambios!! Again! Surprise transfer!!!!

   Greetings from Chile!!! So this week was really Good! First, we had zone conference on tuesday. It was so awesome. We talked a lot about faith, daily contact with the investigators, and with the missionaries as well. Presidente Obeso said " that faith is not necesarily a physical effort, but more of a mental effort".. it 
helped me to focus myself more by thinking more of Christ and what he has done for me and what I can do to do better instead of thinking about something that doesn't have anything to do with what we are doing. Ones' thoughts are really important and eventually after time, thoughts turn into action. Afterwards, during lunch, president said to my companion that he should let me be like the senior companion for the week... I was thinking, "why does he want that"... but during the week we were able to find an old investigator and commit her to a baptismal date. She accepted and she is super receptive. We also were able to find a few other people who were old investigators and are receptive. Saturday we did a fast to help the investigators and to help us to find more poeple. Sunday after church, we found a less active member and she was really receptive. She is 24 years old and wants to go to the temple. She wants to come back to the church and start preparing to go to the temple. Then, sunday night,at 8:30pm,  as we were teaching an investigator in the chapel (actually it is a house.) we got a call from the AP. He told me that I was going to leave the next morning for Los Muermos. They were taking the two missionaries out and putting me with Elder Warner there. He told me that I was going to be senior comp too...  I had to pack my stuff that night and I had to be in Osorno at 9:00 in the morning. It was crazy.. Elder Albornoz was  a little upset because we were doing really well together and now that I get comfortable, I go to another place. So now I am in Los Muermos with Elder Warner, he is from Orem and only has one less cambio than I do. He is awesome and we are getting along. So now we have to figure everything out and start all over basically. The president of the branch and the first counselor came and helped us out. So we are settling in good. Also the house is a mess. So we are going to spend some time cleaning and figuring out the sector.. but i am excited. it is a little crazy with teh change nad the mess. but everything will work out.  also today it is really cold.... and really humid.. Love you guys so much and hope you have an awesome week!!
Love
Elder Hughes 

No comments:

Post a Comment