Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 1, 2015 "Intercambios(splits) with Elders from Puerto Natales....and, it's getting cold."

 
  First off.. Good luck to Hailey Bunker and Amber Williams on your missions.. trust me, you are going to love it.. 
    Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jeffrey and Tyler.. sounds like you really enjoyed them. They are both growing up.. Jeffrey is 21 and Tyler is 18.. crazy.. 
    So this week was cold.. still not snow, but there is ice in the mornings and the nights.  Here in Punta Arenas they usually have problems with people slipping and breaking bones.. at this time of year. 
        Tuesday, the Elder in ¨Puerto Natales came down and we had intercabios. Elder Linton and I were together and we had a good time. A really good lesson with Family Quilaqueo about the families… (mostly we talked about “the family: a proclamation to the world”). When we got back to the house that night, Elder Linton and I made cobbler for the birthday of an Hermana missionary in our zone.. it turned out great. Wednesday day we had a zone council where all the missionaries in the zone get together and we set goals for the cambio. We set goals so that we can have more lessons with members and get more references and invite more people to be baptized. Also Tuesday, Elder Muñoz and Elder Mendoza (the companion of Elder Linton) visited Sandra Moya, and they had a great lesson with her and she accepted to be baptized on the 4th of july!!! All week long we have been praying that Henriquez would come back and still have the desire that he left with. We also fasted Sunday as well. We tried to pass by Saturday and Sunday in the afternoon, but he wasn’t there… but at about 7:00 in the evening, we were passing by his house to go to another part of the neighborhood, and saw that the lights were on in his house. So we knocked and he answered and let us in.. he is still the same and wants to get baptized… we taught him about the word of wisdom because he has a problem  smoking and drinking. during the whole lesson I was praying that he would accept it and would feel the spirit testify to him that it is what he needs to do.. he believed what we said and is going to work to leave smoking and drinking.. he still wants to be baptized on the 27 of june. The biggest obstacle is that he needs to assist at the church at the least 3 times before he is baptized. In order for him to do that, he needs to attend every Sunday until his baptism (and of course after as well). So we are going to help him to attend every week… after the lesson, Elder Muñoz and I were so happy..
    I love being here in the mission. My testimony has grown so much. I cannot truly express how I feel about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. But I can say that I know that Jesus Christ was, is , and will be forever more our Savior and Redeemer. From the fall of Adam and Eve, we inherited certain death, physically and spiritually. All of us would die and our spirits and our bodies would separate forever, never to be reunited again and all of us would be cast out of the presence of God, forever, to be miserable and have eternal  suffering, on account of our imperfection and or sins. But just as the prophet Jacob proclaimed to the people of Nephi, “O how great the goodness of our God, who prepareth a way for our escape from the grasp of this awful monster;” (2 Nephi 9:7-10) we too can rejoice because  “God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16). “And the great and wonderful love made manifest by the Father and the Son in the coming of the Redeemer into the world;   
That through his atonement, and by obedience to the principles of the gospel, mankind might be saved.” (DyC 138: 3-4) and “that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.”(AoF 3) Christ has already paid the price. He already did his part. All he asks of us is to believe in him and obey his commandments. He doesn’t look at how many times we fall, but at how many times we lift ourselves up. Through Christ, we can return to live  with our Heavenly Father and live with our families forever in a state of never ending happiness and peace. I know that Christ is our Savior and that he is the only way. Only through him can we receive eternal life. I love him with all my heart and I know that I am not perfect. But Christ knows that as well, but he stills loves me no matter how many times I have fallen, but at how many times I lift myself up, and I know that he is always  there for me to help  lift me up when I begin to doubt and take my eyes off of him.. I know that he can carry our burdens and our shortcomings because he has already done it.. 2000 years ago in the Garden of Gethsemane.. I love him so much and I know that he is our Savior.. I love you guys and hope you have a wonderful week!!! 
 
Love, Elder Hughes
 
 
"The cobbler we made for the Hermana's Birthday in my zone."

"My district"

"Puenta Arenas"


"The fog over the ocean, there is a island that cannot be seen because of the fog."
"The hamburger we made after playing basketall today."
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment