Tuesday, May 12, 2015

May 11, 2015 Mothers Day and Caught In the Rain! "I love being here in the mission field and I love the Gospel."

  
Caught in the rain........


.......without my rain pants!

This week was a really special week for me!! Mostly because I was able to talk to my family through skype. It was wonderful to hear their voices and to see their faces... I was trying my hardest to not slip into speaking spanish... mostly I talked in spanglish.. 
   HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!! ¡¡FELIZ DÏA DE LA MADRE!! to all those wonderful women who have been a part of my life. I am truly thankful for what you do everyday and (like Jeffrey R. Holland said) thank you for participating so directly in the work of God to raise his spirit children and to give them the opportunity to come into this world.. thank you so much. 
   This week was really wet... friday and saturday it rained all day.. literally... all day.. and the first day I forgot my rain pants to cover my pants, so I got soaked... and we didn't have any lessons so we were out in the streets knocking on doors all day long.. and not a whole lot of people let us in.. but just another day in the mission field...   Then sunday and monday it has been foggy all day... this week Elder Muñoz and I have a goal to use the spirit more when we talk to the people in the street and when we knock on their doors and we have been able to see more positive results from it. two weeks ago while we were walking, I had the impression to talk to a young man that was walking twoard us,  I got the impression to talk to him and we were able to get his address and we passed by the next week.. We had a great lesson and left him to read 3 Nephi 11. Yesterday after we finished talking to our families, we went by and visited him. He had read the chapter and wanted to know more and really liked it.. he wants to go to church too!! We didn't even invite him and he wants to come.. and during the lesson yesterday we felt the spirit and we had a really good lesson. with him.. his name is Henriquez.. 
   I love being here in the mission field and I love the Gospel. I learn something knew everyday and I know that this church is true and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that without Him, we would have no hope to return to our father in heaven. Even if we tried our hardest, we would not come even close. Christ loved us so much that He suffered for us and died and resurrected so that we can have the hope and that we can return to our father in heaven if we do the things that he asked us to do. If we repent, have faith, and we keep our covenants. I love my Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ more than words can describe and everyday my love and my testimony increases.. I love all of you and hope you have a great week!

Elder Hughes 

No comments:

Post a Comment