Sunday, May 3, 2015

April 27, 2015 "Trip to Puerto Natales"

Earlier this week we had a lesson with Family Quilaqueo. We watched "In the work of the Lord". a movie about the life of Thomas S. Monson. they really liked it and helped them to know who Thomas S Monson is. We visited Hector as well. He told us how his older brother is getting out of jail soon. He told us that he wasn't looking forward to it because his brother use to abuse him. Hectors dad died when Hector had 14 years and after that, his brother would beat him for no reason. We learned that that is why Hector has scars and his face is a little disfigured and why he cant talk very well because it is hard for him to breath because his brother stabbed him one time... it was sad to hear his story. We have been trying to teach him how to read. But he told us that he wants to do it himself because he didn't learn earlier and so he is the only one who has the fault. so he wants to learn himself. so it has been a little difficult, but we will keep trying. Thursday we had another Mormon Battalion. It was a lot of fun and we were able to find people. Then friday morning we went to Puerto Natales (us and the zone leaders) to help the Elders in Puerto Natales. You have to take a 3 hour bus ride to get there. We left at 7:00 in the morning, slept there, then left there to come home at 7:00 the next morning.  We had a good time and were able to find people for the elders there. Saturday and sunday we had Stake conference. It was really good and i really enjoyed it. then sunday night we did another Mormon Battalion in another sector. So we have been running around more than anything this week. 
    This morning we played basketball at the chapel with the only indoor court here in Puenta Arenas. It was a lot of fun. I forgot to take pictures.. sorry.-- 
   This week I realized something that helped me to appreciate Heavenly Fathers plan for us. While being here in the mission, and not being with my family,I have come to realize how important they are for me and how much they mean to me and how much I love them... it is the same with our Heavenly Father, in order to realize how much he means for us, how much we love him, we have to be away from him for a while. We can still communicate to him through prayer (just as I can still communicate with my family) and he can still give us the things we need (just as my family sends me packages to help me feel better).. I am so grateful for my family... immediate and extended and I love them. I am grateful for my Heavenly father and I love him more than I can explain. He is our loving Heavenly Father and he loves us so much. I have the hope that in the next life I will be able to understand the how much God loves us "that he sent His Only Begotten Son" so that we imperfect human beings, being in a fallen and sinful state, can return to life again with our father and with our Families. I love everything about the Gospel and even though i don't understand everything, I know for certain that God loves us and that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I love you Guys so much and hope that you have an awesome week!!!

Love, 
Elder Hughes


Bad Haircut????

" While we were waiting for the bus to come Friday morning."

"Some flamingos(they were far away so it is not a good picture)."

"So here are some pics of Puerto Natales (it is alot more beautiful when the sun is out. There are mountains and all but it was a rainy day)"

" Elder Hoopes (one of the Elders in Puerto Natales) and I."




No comments:

Post a Comment