Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February 16, 2015 "I have learned that when we ask God for strength (or any attribute) He will give us opportunities to be strong."



 
¡Buenos Dìas a todos! How is everything going? That is so exciting that Emily got her Mission Call! I am so excited for her. (Elder Hughes' cousin (they are 5 weeks apart)... just received her call to the Minneapolis, Minnesota Mission, Spanish Speaking.She leaves June 24th)
   Well today for P-Day we went on a trip to the waterfalls that are about an hour away from Osorno. It was amazing and so beautiful. 
   This week has been good. We have finally set 3 of our investigators with baptismal dates!! They are doing well.. also we had been talking to two inactive members and they finally came to church after 8 years!!! We were able to assign their son (who has also been inactive) to bring them to church and they came!! It was so cool to see them there. 
    On Friday, we were talking with an older lady in the street. She told us that she could see in our eyes that we were happy and that she felt good while she was talking to us. Even though she didnt want us to stop by to talk more, we had a good conversation. People really do see a difference in us that it is visible to them. They can see the happiness that the gospel brings to us. It strengthened my testimony..
     Also, this week has been challenge. I have learned that when we ask God for strength (or any attribute) He will give us opportunities to be strong. For example Thursday, I asked Heavenly Father to help`my be more diligent, and all throughout that day, I had a lot of oppurtunities to be diligent, or to choose to be lazy or slack off.. it was hard, but I know that Heavenly Father gives us challenges to become better and to learn for ourselves what we can do. I am grateful for the gospel and for all the challenges that I have to become better and to learn. I know that with God, all things are possible and that he will help us with the things that are important to us. Love you all and hope you have a great week.
Elder Hughes


"We had a trip today. The zones of Rahue (my zone) and Osorno went to the waterfalls. And our zone had shirts!!! W started out with doing a service project with the youth in our ward and then finished with a hike up to the falls. The trip was beautiful and amazing."







No comments:

Post a Comment