Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 19, 2015 "Cherry trees, riding in packed buses to Osorno, and feeling the blessings of the knowledge of Jesus Christ, temples, and family!"

Our Zone right before transfers



  So this week has been a lot of fun.. last P-day we played volleyball with the zone and had a barbecue.. Then later that day when we got home, we realized that we have a cherry tree in our back yard.. right now is the time where the fruit is growing and we can literally walk down the street and pick berries while we are walking.. I'll send some pics next week...
   I don't know if I have explained this yet or not, but where I am now in Rio Negro, there are two companion ships here, and it is a small town 30 min from Osorno. In order to get to Osorno, we take a bus.. and most of them are small buses that are usually packed with people and we have to stand in the aisle.. and with my height, I have to scrunch down and bend my head because I cannot stand up straight... we always get a laugh out of it.. but we have had a lot of meetings this week in Osorno, so I have probably shrunk from having to bend down so much... 
   Also this week we have been visiting a lot of less active members and teaching them about temples and trying to help them get back to the temple (if they have already gone) so that they can receive the blessings of the temple. A lot of them came back to church and it was so awesome to see them return and renew their baptismal covenants through the sacrament.. 
   The two families that we are teaching are doing well.... we haven't been able to talk with one of the families because they have been super busy (the family that doesn't want to pray). But the other family is doing great. We haven't given them a baptismal date just yet because we don't feel that they are ready yet. The other family is really receptive, but the problem is that they don't know a whole lot about Christ or the bible or church.. so we have been going slow and helping them understand.. for example, we have taught them three times this week and we are still talking about lesson one...  I am so glad that I have been able to have the gospel and a knowledge of Jesus Christ my whole life.. I  don't know how anyone could live without it.. I am so thankful to have the gospel and to have the scriptures so that I can learn and become a better person. I am so glad that where I live (in the US) there are temples only 30 minutes away so that I can feel the peace and joy that comes through the temple.. how blessed am I  to have such an awesome family. Cousins.. aunts and uncles and grandparents who each raised me in the gospel.. thank you for everything.. have an awesome week!
With Love,
Elder Hughes

Our "Copa Rahue" Zone before transfers....we played volleyball and had a barbecue! 



No comments:

Post a Comment