Monday, December 29, 2014

  MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! I had a wonderful Christmas talking to my family and seeing their faces. It gave me such a big energy boost. 
    So funny story... Christmas eve we had dinner with a family. And we ate a lot of meat!! lamb, cow, pig, sausage, chicken, etc.. it was awesome.. but after the dinner we were walking home and I saw a drunk guy (like so drunk that he was moving more sidewase than straight) starting to cross the street.. then I saw a small truck coming toward him.. I jokingly said to my companion ``I hope he doesn't get hit," but I thought that the truck would slow down for the guy, but it didnt.. luckily it swurved just in time and nicked the guy with the side mirror.. the drunk guy fell and we went out go help him.. I thought that he had died or something but he was fine... we tried to help him get up but he told us ``leave me alone, I am trying to sleep``. The lady that hit him called the police and they got it taken care of.          Then the next morning we opened our presents and ate our candy ;).. then we had lunch with other members and we had more meat.. it was sooo good. Then all four of us (me, Elder Holt, Elder Winward, and Elder Linford)  went to another members house and skyped our familes. We had a rule that we couldnt go out side of our house unless we had a set appointment. So we had a lot of study time.. 
     Saturday, there was a baptism of Dayris, the daughter of Hermano Jacob. He just got the Melchezidek priesthood and was able to baptize her and confirm her. It was soo awesome to see him do that. They had to do it twice (the baptism) because he didnt say a word.. but other then that it was neat. We have been helping him to get ready for it and prepare everything for it. I have come to love that guy so much. He is the most humble guy I have met here in the mission.. also Magdelena came to the baptism!!! She really liked it and the memebrs were awesome to welcome her nad make her feel welcomed. And she also cam to church!!! all 3 hours!!! usually investigators stay for sacrament only but she went to all!! It was so awesome that she was able to come. We learned that she has to retake a class again because she didnt pass.. but even thought that happened, she was still happy. She still has a baptismal date for 24th of January.. 
      This week i found a scripture from Luke 6:46-49. it is so good .
46 ¶And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

 47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

 49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Great scripture and bascially explains itself. We should always do the things that we hear everyweek.. we should apply what we learn and hear so that we can recieve the blessings. We should exspecially do the things that are the seminary answers like read pray and attend church. Those three things are the three indicators that an investigator is progressing. If they do the,, then they will gain a testimony. And as members, sometimes we forget to do those things or we are lazy.. we should always do the basics so that when the trials come, we do not fall.. Helaman 5 : 12. 

With Love 
Elder Hughes
  

"Baptism of Dayris(Jacob's Daughter)"


No comments:

Post a Comment