Friday, November 21, 2014

November 10, 2014 "Even thought He is perfect and at the top, He wants to bring us up with Him. I know He will do anything for us if we ask."

 So, I can now say that i have felt an earthquake. Tuesday morning as I was saying my prayers, I felt the bed and the floor moving. I was so confused.. but the other Elders felt it and so did the people we talked to that day. It wasnt big enough to do any damage, but it was big enough to feel it. it was such a cool feeling. 
   Wednesday, our zone leaders, Elder Owens and Elder Ocampo came and did divisions with us to help us find more people. It was good and I was able to get to know Elder Ocampo more. Turns out that he was in the same sector that i was in Valdivia. It was cool to be able to talk to him about the people there and the members. He is from Mexico and Elder Owens is from Georgia and he has 17 brothers and sisters! all blood related and from the same parents... he is number 14 and is a really nice guy. 
   Thursday we had a zone conference. It was so good and I learned a lot. We talked about first of all, being obedient, and a lot about teaching and studying. We did a lot of practices as well to help us teach better. 
friday we had a lesson with Eduardo and Tamara. Eduardo is the husband of our mamita and the dad of Sebastian, who is leaving ofn a mission and accompanies us a lot. Eduardo believes that the church is true and that the book of mormon is a good book, but doesnt want to be baptized. and everytime the missionaries have a lesson with him (which isn't a lot of times because he works alot) they set him with a baptsimal date. So when we talked with him, we didnt try and push him. we taught about the Book of Mormon and its importance and also prayer. It was soo good and the spirit was definitely there. We commited him to read one chapter everyday in the book of mormon and he said yes.. his wife and son gave their testimonies about the book of mormon and they are goin to read the chapter of the book of mormon together.. Tamara is about 22 years old and is studying to be an english professor. We help her with her homework and after talk a little bit about the church. She has told us thta she doesnt believe our church is true and that hers (7th day adventist) is true. After we hleped her friday with her homework, she told us that her cousin and her uncle have been fighting and there is a lot of contention. She asked us to pray for them. we read 2 Nephi 32 with her and testimfied to her that if she read the book of mormon and prayed everyday, she will feel more peace and happiness and she will recieve guidance on how to help her cousin. She said no because she doesnt want to commit to something that she isnt going to do. So i told her that she has her agency and that we onoly want to help her and that the scriptures will help her. So hopefully she  decides to do it.
   Sunday, President Obeso and his wife showed up to our branch for church.... it was a big suprise. Then I taught gospel princilples class and they attended that class... i was so nervous. I taught the lesson about prayer. Afterward, president Obeso told me that I did a really good job. It was a good experiencece for me and I really enjoyed it
  Today we went with a bunch of other missionaires to the volcano Osorno. It  was so cool and we stopped by a bunch of waterfalls as well. It was so pretty, but it was also really foggy all day, so we couldnt see all of it. But it was still alot of fun. 
  I love all of you so much and i am so glad to be out here in the mission. I have grown so much in the mission and although I am not perfect and have made a lot of mistakes, Christ is there to help me and lift me up.. I am so grateful for him and his atonement. Eventhough he is perfect and is at the top, he wants to bring us up to him. and he will do anything for us if we ask. I know this is true and that the work of the lord is growing. ''the standard of truth'' by Joseph Smith.

Elder Hughes

 Pictures from our visit to the Osorno Volcano today!

My District



No comments:

Post a Comment