Sunday, July 27, 2014

Last Week in the CCM

 
"This is a picture of my district they took at the CCM to add to a video
 they make for those who are leaving"


Buenos Días!! This week is my last week here at the CCM. I am so excited to get out into the Mission field. Thats so exciting that Braxton leaves so soon. Yesterday we got our flight plans. our flight leaves at 8:25pm monday night. we have an 8 hour and 3 5min flight to Santiago, then a 6 hour lay over till we fly to Osorno. So it will be a long day. But I am still excited about it. I have made so many new friends here and will be sad that we wont see each other for a while. There are about 25 missionaries going to Osorno with me so I wont be alone.
       There are so many people here at the CCM. It went from about 250 missionaries when we got here to 1000. It is amazing to see so many people who are willing to serve. 
      I have decided to start reading the Book of Mormon and focus on one topic and highlight everything about it in a seperate Book of Mormon. It is so amazing how many things I find in the words of the prophets and how I can apply all of them to my life. After I finish, I will pick another topic and do it again. In 1 Nefi 18, I found a verse that I had never paid attention to. In verse 16... that chapter is about faith and also having the Spirit. I loved it. Because Nephi had the faith and the Spirit, he was able to guide the ship. (also look up D&C 123:16-17 and James 3:4)
      I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I know that a man can get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts. James 4:8.
 
With love, 
Elder Hughes 
 
"Looks just like the picture of Christ and the Second Coming"
 

"Mexico City!"
 

"Nacho Libre bike, they have a lot of these in Mexico City"

 

Elder Hughes' District
(this picture was sent by Brother Lara, one of his teachers)
 
 
 "I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I know that a man can get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts. James 4:8."

No comments:

Post a Comment